пятница, 10 февраля 2012 г.

Octclipse reincarnation

Once I decided to start working with Octave and looked for available graphical user interfaces for it.

Sadly, all projects I've found are dead. Even the most usable one - QtOctave was finished in June 2011. So, I decided to make my contribution to Open-Source World and to pick up some of those projects.

I already had some expirience with Eclipse plugins development, so my choice was to contribute Octclipse project. Besides, I think, Eclipse is the most powerful platform for building IDEs.

I wrote an email to Ryan Rusaw, author of this project and he gave me administrative rights for project on sourceforge and permissions to do everything what I want to improve the project.

Ok, I will try to do all my best. My first goal to make it runnable without any native code compilation (as it is now) and make it usable at least as QtOctave is.

And I will write here about state-of-art, some important changes, design solutions and so forth.

2 комментария:

  1. Have you made any progress with improving Octclipse so it works with latest Eclipse and Octave (I'm currently on Octave 3.6.4 on my Mac OS).

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Currently I'm working on Mac OS X support. I just got access to this OS and have already built NAR components. So, Mac version is coming soon.

      Удалить